We’ve had two frustrating days in Cayuga, New York, where the Wooden Boatworks is still finishing work on Majic.    Dave and Mary….and other boat-savvy relatives and friends….told Jack long ago that boat renovation and repair are replete with postponements, but this is getting ridiculous.  We thought we’d cast off Tuesday, the 28th, but there were still  tasks undone:  shelving not installed, radar untested, window screens not installed.  Now we’re told we can sleep on board tomorrow night–the 29th–and push off Thursday morning.
Since the trip will take at least eight days, that means we can’t come in to Menemsha until Thursday evening, the 6th, at the earliest—-and Jim, Dana, Mike and Kristy will all be gone by then.  No family to welcome us.
The up-side is that we’ve spent some time with Phil and Ken and others in the boatyard who have worked hard on Majic —- and here is a photo of them.

One thought on “SO STILL WE WAIT …..

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s